- 16 wooden sticks
- 16 small apples, chilled $ Click to see savings
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Push wooden sticks into the top of chilled apples. Return apples to the refrigerator until caramel is ready for dipping.
- 2. Place sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large saucepan; boil, stirring until dissolved. Boil, without stirring, 9 minutes or until light golden.
- 3. Combine half-and-half, vanilla, and salt; slowly stir into pan. Boil until candy thermometer reaches 235° (45 minutes), stirring frequently.
- 4. Pour caramel into a bowl sitting in a hot water bath. Swirl apples in caramel, and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
recipe from cooking light magazine