Sunday, December 23, 2012

The colors of Christmas…

Always stun me.

Truly.

Here, in this land of change and chance…I mean, c’mon, Christmas should be chilly

even cold. No? Maybe cloaked in red and green.

When else do we have permission to light fires, drink hot cocoa?

134193263867633843_poQzrUyy_b

But EVERY year in this little piece of paradise… I am reminded of the quiet beauty

That is a tropical Christmas.

Bromeliads blooming…just now. Especially now. Fuchsia and purple.

I call them my Christmas Bromeliads.

They are resplendent in color.

Parading. Curling. Begging us to notice.

IMG_4314

IMG_4320

While we have been busy with shopping, and parties and life… and whatev…. We may very well not notice…

They are low, inconspicuous.

IMG_4305 

But so so stunning. Kick you in the shin, look at ME stunning.

I love being reminded to look…like I was today. I as ran to my Mom’s looking for cream of tartar.

look.

And it also makes me realize why our Christmas is full of the BRIGHTEST Pinks and purples.

IMG_4328 

IMG_4329

602790_4582871563208_1812205416_n

 

IMG_4309_thumb[1]

Merry Merry ChristmasIn all of it’s colors.

To you….and to Yours!

15 comments:

Debby said...

Wow, your pictures are fabulous. Merry Christmas.

Rick Forrestal said...

Always love your pics of paradise.
And I hope you have the happiest Christmas.
But you should know . . .
you're driving us CRAZY.

Mary Ruth said...

I live in Central Florida, near the coast (East Atlantic side). And I LOVE all the tropical photos you post!
We are working on the larger plants for the yard, and soon I want to put more color around to see as they blossom. We have enjoyed the flame bush that is on our shared fence with neighbors. Love your colorful show you get around Christmas!

Love your Blog and I follow on Google reader

Lady of the Woods said...

very 'hot' colors. Were those raspberry peonies with magnolia leaves?? where do you get such things here?? I spotted those gilded coconuts, still gorgeous, and everything looks beautiful! lady

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Your wreath is just amazing and all the nontraditional colors inspiring!
Merry Christmas Linda!
xo,
~R

An Urban Cottage said...

Very cool. Those first flowers look unreal. I've never seen anything like that.

Why do moms always have cream of tartar?

Merry, merry pink and purple Christmas!

Unknown said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours - thank you for your inspiration this year F xx

VirginiaC said...

Lots of lovely Christmas beauty all around...so much to be thankful for.
I've got cream of tartar by the way if you need to visit.
Wishing you, your family and Mr.Big Black Dog a wonderful and fun-filled Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Needed the Creme of tartar for my Buche de Noel...a favorite word to pronounce this time of year!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anita said...

sending you christmas wishes from iceland linda!
happiest of celebrations to you and your family
xoxo
anita

Kaybe said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from SWFL. Hope 2013 is your most blessed year evah!

Unknown said...

Love your tropical Christmas wreath and cozy hearth. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Pink and purple and orange are THE BEST. Merry Christmas! ~Angela~

Cobalt Violet said...

LOVE what you do at Christmastime! Spectacular Linda!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails