Sunday, June 22, 2014

A simple recipe…

There is a new hobby at our casa.

Smoking.

Not Marlboro light….but bar-b-Q smokin’.

The kind that the whole TOWN smells

The kind that takes all day long.

Tonight….It is smoked salmon.

Oh me oh my.

IMG_9658

Made a simple potato dish to go with it…comes from the islands. So say I

Truth be told, I had something similar at a FAB tropical restaurant.

And is E.A.S.Y

Sweet potatoes, potatoes, garlic, scallion and if ya want

Scotch bonnet pepper…..or smoked paprika…if you is chicken like me.

IMG_9672

And….It is YUM.

IMG_9688-001

Caribbean Mashers

Peel and cut up 5 yukon gold (or any kind of potatoes) and 2-3  peeled and cut sweet potatoes

add to a pot of cool water with 3 cloves of peeled garlic. Boil till tender.

Add a dash of good quality olive oil or some milk. Mash with potato masher. Mash mash.

Add 3 chopped scallions

…and the heat of choice.

~ Enjoy, Mon ~

9 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

The potatoes sound great but would like to know more about the smoking. Are you doing it on a grill or do you have a legit smoker? I've always wanted to give it try. I'd be smoking everything in sight.

VirginiaC said...

Don't let the scotch bonnet pepper frighten you...give it a try and put that smoked paprika away!!!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Steve...it is a legit smoker with both a gas and charcoal bar-B-Q attached. And....yes, everything in site HAS been smoked. including stuffed mushrooms! Any other smoking ideas??

Virginia....more like I just didn't have them. Next time. promise!

rjerdee said...

Goin' for your recipe...I'm into sweet potatoes...scotch bonnet peppers are normal for me :)

Unknown said...

Oh you are so mean! I am reading this before dinner and it looks so so delicious!!

Unknown said...

What time is dinner?

Anonymous said...

Mmm... these look and sound so good. I am all about potatoes and mashed even better.

Blue Muse said...

I will be right over!
xx

Blue Muse said...

I will be right over!
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails