Saturday, February 7, 2015

Ya know….

When you make something that is delectable
but looks not so delectable?
yeah. me too.
Enter sage pesto on roasted veggies.
if you will
IMG_7967
My sage was taking off in the herb garden from a few weeks ago
The basil was looking downright shrimpy.
So….made a pesto from the sage.
Note: Breastfeeding mom’s do NOT want to eat sage. Decreases milk supply.
true story.
IMG_7973
then roasted some fresh from someone else's garden veggies…
IMG_7975
Then it got
ugly
IMG_7980
But dayum good.
yep.
:: Sage pesto ::
loose cup of fresh sage
1/2 cup of parmesan
3 TBSP of walnuts (or pine nuts)
1/3 cup of oil
Blend sage, parm and walnuts in blender or cuisinart….slowly stream in the oil. Blend till creamy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos.. looks so good. wish I like to cook

Rick Forrestal said...

Sage pesto . . . why not?
I love sage. And on roasted veggies.
So anyway . . .
have you ever noticed,
when food looks beautiful (like your pics)
it tastes beautiful?

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Jane...Cannot believe you don't like to cook!You are so uber creative!

Rick...<3

rjerdee said...

I can believe it, Linda! finger-lickin' good!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Thanks for sharing such a yummy method of eating veges.

cindy hattersley design said...

I have never made sage pesto..I don't know why not. I have done cilantro, basil etc...thanks for the tip! I have tons in my garden as well and I love sage!!

Cobalt Violet said...

Yum! Sage?
Think I need to give that a whirl. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails