Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Carboy a demijohn and bubblegum…

I added a new very large green antique Demijohn to

my growing collection.

This one is the biggest….greenest….the roundest

IMG_9009 

This picture is but a small sampling of the glass bottles in our casa…sigh.

I never even realized just how many we had….

some bought….others found….a few gifted

I swear i remember  drinking wine from others

IMG_9022

 

IMG_9013

I think it all started with a big one that I grew up with

much like the new one

acar 

Pennies and loose change were thrown in….and that hard-worker followed

us across the country and overseas

One day pink bubblegum….happily chewed….found it’s way in there.

bub

 

My Mom, ever so diligently and carefully, tried to remove it

and in so doing…..broke the whole green glass vessel.

she wasn’t happy.

acar1

I think I have subconsciously been trying to replace it all these years.

I think I can officially stop.

A little research about carboys and demijohns here….

6 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

Nice bottle collection.
I love all the shades of green.
(Happy dusting.)

Helen said...

I am (demijohn) green with envy! Smiles.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Thanks guys! Happy dusting...luckily I LIKE dusting.

Helen....if you were close, I would share!

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

You should make some wine in those!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

NOW you're talking, Ry!!

tammy j said...

i love your home.
i just love everything about it!
and...
the latest ... oh my.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails