Sunday, July 17, 2016

Listen up, my beautiful blog friends.....



There is a very strong need
in Greece for Lactation Consultants to work
with refugees, mainly Syrian... In refugee camps.
well....there is a need for ALL sorts of support.
but helping with lactation and birth is my skill set
This. I . Can. Do.

Mama's and babies continue to pour into Greece. Leaving everything they know
often EVERYONE they know,
to escape persecution and death.
It is in these emergent and disastrous situations 
where babies who are artificially fed...given formula...
have a 1300% increase of death from digestive disease
as compared to babies that are breastfed.

The conditions are dirty and unhygienic...disease flourishes in these conditions
clean water and equipment required for safe artificial feeding
is often difficult and impossible to find.
And so I will work with Nurture Project International
a US grassroots organization
devoted to safe infant feeding
As I head to Greece and these camps this September for a few weeks.

I would love it if you would consider joining me, In spirit, 
as you help me do this work.
I have started a youcaring fundraiser (just click on link). 
To help offset the cost of my travel and to buy items for these refugees.
I was hoping to photojournal and share my and others work
to give these mothers a voice

The sad reality is many of these families are fleeing war and terrorism. 
Many still have family in Syria. Many are running because they have become targets for terrorists.
there have been accounts of  photos being used against some families...
and also hunting family members down...or finding family members who are still in Syria.
So will be very discreet . But you can look for updates here
and perhaps on Instagram, and definately on my fundraising page.

Share and care.
thank you....

7 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

Bless you.

StellaV said...

Thank you Linda.

donna baker said...

Yes, thank you. Sounds trite, but I really mean it. I worry so about those refugees. Their country they are fleeing from is in shambles and constant bombing; humanity at it's worst. Their need is so great - I've even argued with my son and daughter-in-law over them. So many in the country think terrorists are coming with them. Please show that they are desperate families, not terrorists.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Agreed Donna.....They are running FROM the terrorists. Leaving everything. But in the end....they are Mom's and Dads and kids and babies.

Anonymous said...

I echo every comment here. especially donna's.
and yes!
bless you and your work.
and on my payday they will not be forgotten.

Life Tastes Good said...

You are amazing! I feel blessed to know you. Safe travels my friend. Happy to help your efforts <3

VirginiaC said...

Wow, I admire you totally for helping out with this problem....Because.You.Can!!!
What a blessing you are to these refugee mothers.
Take care and stay safe. See you back here when you return more enriched from this humbling experience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails