Sunday, June 21, 2009

A King among men…

Happiest Fathers Day to the father of our four teens!

It has been an amazing ride!!

Breakfast in bed…handed over by a quite adorable 18 year old guy with severe bed head hair

huevos

click on pic for recipe...yum

A groggy 19 year old pulling himself up to wish you a happy day

Others still sleeping….and will…until 11:00. Teens!

You are loved.

And hey….I weeded the dog path for ya...my back still hurts!

although...I know you would rather see the car washed...

I can only exert so much energy, ya know...maybe next year...

dog path 008

A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season.

~Anonymous

And, maybe more appropriately, at this slice in our life…

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
~ Mark Twain

Happy, Happy Day to all of the Daddies out there!

And my Dad?...He never did believe in Hookypook Hallmark holidays his exact words...

So a wink and a nod to him...because it's Sunday

He's fixing something way up there.

22 comments:

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Wonderful to see someone still feeling this way...

Lovely post!

xoxo

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Mornin' Linda,
I used my napkin rings last night for a little get together, and they were a hit. I love them and have already lent them out for a Father's Day brunch today. Thank you so much for the prize. The candle smells wonderful.

Simple Daisy said...

What a nice post!! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely Father's Day greeting!!

Happy Day to you all!

Deborah said...

Oh how I love this entire post! So sweet and kind of you, Linda, to weed the dog path! LoVe the Mark Twain quote; one of my favorites. Happy Father's
Day to your King. **blows kisses** Deborah

Karen Deborah said...

yep you nailed it.

for the love of a house said...

Linda, I'm thinking the father of FOUR TEENS :o! deserves to have his car washed too!!!! So, you get back out there. And, tell him I said so!!!

Anonymous said...

Somehow in my messed up blogroll, I lost track of your blog. It's my dumb fault, but I hope that you know that I am busy catching up. I do love your blog and it is so nice to compare notes with a fellow Floridian!

Cheers,
Sue.

flax and spindle said...

That was really sweet...

anita said...

we celebrated our sweet guy today too ... around a hibachi table with
all the kids and gkiddos w/ flaming
food, chopsticks flying, claps of delight and lots of noodle slurping...

i'm glad you have a great one too!

Ana Balbinot said...

Dear Linda, I realy, realy LOVE your blog!
And It's wonderful that you come to Brazil in September! I wish we can met each other. Just let me know when and where!
Xoxo

jillian96 said...

Love the beautiful pictures you post and your comical outlook. Your pics are very inspiring & give ideas on many styles. Hop over to Isabella & Max Rooms blog & check out her talented design style... she's also doing her 1st giveaway which is a cheery table scape!

Bridget said...

Hookypook Hallmark holidays, I love it! I hoe your honey had a great one!

Bridget said...

oops, HOPE, not hoe! lol

Renée Finberg said...

great quotes !!

wonderful post too !

xx

Dreamgirl said...

What a blessed dad! Children are fun... when they are small (like my 5 year old) you really, really want them to sleep late - and then a few years later...

Thanks for stopping by SweeterHomes and leaving a comment. I put the house on reserve just for you;)

I have another giveaway of Country Living on Sweeterliving.blogspot.com - just in case you're interested...

Have a great week!

MissBliss said...

Love the Twain quote! What great kids to fix such a scrumptious father's day breakfast!! :)

Weeding... a poetic concept...

I think you should read my friend's father's day post... it will blow you away... I have it posted on my site ...enjoy!

sealaura said...

hope you had a great father's day ! your posts are so beautiful.

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

Linda,

You always have the most perfect and special things to say! You bring a tear to my eye always!

XX
Michelle
Zuniga Interiors

Velvet and Linen said...

Beautiful post, Linda.
I love that your brood is still so much a part of your life.
Mine are growing up so fast!
Hope Father's Day was a good one.

xo
Brooke

Joyce said...

A very sweet post. I'm off to check out the recipe. xoxo

Ms. Tee said...

Just perfect, Linda! And might I say - wow - 4 teens! Go girl. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails