Saturday, October 3, 2009

Did I mention the color?

Brazil was cloaked in unabashed hues.

No rhyme or reason

Authentic…sometimes grubby…never shy

olinda09 535olinda09 538

Just a celebration of color

olinda09 588

Painting was happening everywhere

you would think the Olympics were coming or something

olinda09 526

olinda09 556

olinda09 537

Celebration and joy was rampant

Just because…

olinda09 459

And Art….Oh the art was in every corner

olinda09 501

I was invited into so many studios…

It was humbling what beauty happened... with so little

olinda09 517

olinda09 488

olinda09 489

olinda09 563

Our Pousada (hotel) was a once beautiful mansion…

we had a huge terrace overlooking the city…

Our room had no glass…Just shuttters…Ocean breezes kept us cool

olinda09 619

olinda09 621

olinda09 606

olinda09 605 olinda09 609

…our view…

olinda09 559

Olinda is a sleepy historic colonial city…almost from another time…

A bay and a whole world away from the big city of Recife in Northeast Brazil.

olinda09 561

Breakfast was always a spread of local foods

Rice and cornmeal with coconut milk, tapioca crepes filled with cheese, bananas in syrup

always fresh juices…Guava…acerola…pineapple...

olinda09 475

One night we had a meal of shrimp and lobster cooked in passion fruit juice served in a jerimum (like a pumpkin)

It was superb although the pic might not look like it...blush

olinda09 593

Olinda Brazil

A feast for the eyes…

olinda09 569

For the soul.

Next…The bustle of Buenos Aires…

Cool…faster tempo…a City’s City

Juxtaposed with the genteelness of San Isidro…a town outside the city.

Thank you soooo much for all your wonderful comments…

I don’t want to bore you to death…but will post some more of Argentina tomorow…It felt like a whirlwind of three amazing and tremendously different places in a span of two weeks.

And Now…we are home.

Ahhhh

Kinda sorta.

32 comments:

Deborah said...

WOW. WOW. wow. Bore us??? Never. Post more photos, please and thank you! Love the colors, the ocean... fell asleep on that dreamy bed. What a fantastic journey you had.
I really must get out more.
**blows kisses** Deb

Drawn to The Sea said...

You were living in a dream... a gorgeous, ecstatic dream...

Drawn to The Sea said...

silly fingers, I wasn't finished

I wish I could live that dream for a few days too :-)

Sunshine,
~Julia

Helen said...

OH, and another OH! Your photos are to die for .... I cannot wait for the Olympics in South America. Thank you so much for including all of us in your journey!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I love all the vibrant colors! And since I've never set foot on that continent, I'm thrilled to get to tour it with you!! That breakfast buffet is divine by the way.

Ivy Lane said...

BORED???? are you kidding??? these images and learning bits and pieces of your trip...FANTASTIC!!!

LOVE all the colour...your photos are beautiful..keep the posts of your adventure coming!

Happy Weekend!

Black Zebra said...

you are one lucky girl Linda:-)

Simple Daisy said...

Wow...boring is NOT a word I would use to describe your post! I am loving learning all about South America and am inspired to put it on my bucket list of places to visit:)
Thanks so much for sharing~

Pam Kersting said...

Thank you for showing me places and people I have never seen before! Brasil is a very rich country in many ways and I am happy to see the Olympics chose Rio. Who knows ... maybe I'll get to go there someday.

SeaWorthy said...

WOW...just wow. I was totally there with you through your pictures, Linda.'

What a beautiful journey, my friend. Thanks for sharing your view!
Lisa
coastal nest

Unknown said...

I have bookmarked this...I WANT to go to Brazil...your hotel, the food, the COLOR, the art!!

thank you soooo for sharing this!!

Dragana said...

What an amazing trip and a feast for the eyes - I can't wait to read more and journey there myself.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Thoroughly enjoyed having you take us on your journey....thanks.

anita said...

looks like a good good trip! love
the vibrancy of colors, color seems very "essential" to brighten their lives. love the hotel you stayed at :)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This is amazing, Linda! Your photos are scrumptious. What a beautiful place!

Visual Vamp said...

I love this so much!
I can hardly wait for your report on Buenos Aires! Dance a tango for me!
xo xo

It' an Evolution said...

Just amazing ...hopefully one day I can get there.
Janeat

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a breathtakingly beautiful place! I would get on well there most likely, as I do like my color!
Brenda

for the love of a house said...

Linda, This is my favorite post of yours ever!!! The photos sing. The colors, the art, the food, the views. I feel as if I just got back from holiday too!
Oh that food!! Wow.
Thanks for taking us with you!
joan

Harry Stottle said...

Anyone travelling to the north east of Brasil particularly Joao Pessoa, capital of Paraiba, would do well to log on to
http://www.paraibaparadise.com
written and updated everyday by ex-pats living in Joao Pessoa.
It includes the best "whats on " page in the whole of Brasil hosting a range of activities and events for all ages.
It will give you a great insight into living in Brasil and what you will need to stay in Brasil. There is even more information for people who want to visit and settle in Joao Pessoa .Good luck and enjoy Brasil.

Anonymous said...

oh the photos are beautiful - your hotel looked amazing.

Mary said...

Oh my gosh - you could NEVER bore me. Your trip was pure magic and I am savoring every tidbit. AND....thank you for your wonderful comment on Joan's fortheloveofahouse.

Catherine said...

Great photos...is that first shot in Parati??

Porchlight Interiors said...

Looks like an amazing place...love all the colour! Tracey xx

cotedetexas said...

unreal. what a trip. so beautiful - and that hotel!

rjerdee said...

WOW, loved every picture, waiting for more!!!

Ana Balbinot said...

Dear Linda,
Thanks so much for your kindness posting Olinda, Recife, in my beloved country, Brasil! I'm very glad that you and your husband were so wellcome here. Next time, maybe we could spent some hours together.

Melissa said...

I love all the colors in the top left photo! And what really strikes me is how clean everything looks--especially the streets and sidewalks. I'm always very struck by places where the people may not have much, but they take such pride in what they do have that they keep it clean and give it a fresh coat of paint. It makes me smile.

And your hotel and that view and the food, well, I'm just totally jealous!! I can't wait to see more photos!

Ana Balbinot said...

Linda,
Since March I'm living in Brasília, right in the center of the country, but it's near 2 hours from Olinda by airplane.
I don't know when I wll come back to Curitiba, south of the country, were I was born and live since the beggining of this year.
When you come to Brazil again, tell me!Maybe I'll see you!
Xoxo

Eloise said...

Aw, man, everyone already took my word: WOW! Your pictures have been spectacular! I have never given any thought to Buenos Aires before, but you have piqued my interest in visiting there. You really should go to work for their Office of Tourism!

Tamara Jansen said...

I just LOVE your photos! What a gorgeous place.....and the people there make it even better.

Sabrina Mix said...

Hi, Linda!

Olinda is really a beautiful city, since from its name. O-linda in Portuguese means Oh-beautiful.

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails