Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ok…a girl could get used to this…

Leaving the ever colorful Brazil we flew another eight hours further from the equator

over the Andes to Argentina.

And found ourselves in a beautiful small town outside the city of Buenos Aires.

San Isidro.

Argentina09 029

The streets were cobbled…the air was cool…crisp

Argentina09 037

Argentina09 042

Our hotel was the epitome of class and charm

Argentina09 092-1

Argentina09 022

casco2

Another once mansion... that now held 20 rooms…

each beautiful with 20 foot ceilings and tall tall doors and windows.

Inside was a stained glass ceiling that looked down over the common area…

Argentina09 038

A beautiful place to read…relax

Argentina09 039

casco

At night they would turn down the sheets and place a chocolate on our pillow….fresh flowers were in the room….each day...

Like I said…A girl could really get used to this

casco3

Argentina09 016 Argentina09 011

Argentina09 018 Argentina09 075-2

We would enjoy a leisurely breakfast of medialuna’s like a croissant and fruit and yogurt…

In the solarium in the back courtyard

Argentina09 021

Argentina09 070 Argentina09 084

Argentina09 068 Argentina09 076

With cafe con leche….mucho leche

Argentina09 065

And a morning paper in any language you desired…

Argentina09 074-1

We spent the weekend just relaxing…strolling the streets…Meeting some great folks...finding a flea market…having more cafe...doing nothing...and everything.

Argentina09 028-1

Oh....and gorging ourselves silly….

Ivy Lane…you asked for food pics…well buckle your seatbelt!

The wine and the steak in Argentina is bar none!

Argentina09 048

Argentina09 049

This zero calorie concoction is actually tenderloin covered in a Gruyere sauce

lordy lordy…

Argentina09 050

Argentina09 052

After a wonderfully relaxing and filling... ahem... weekend

…we headed to the Metropolis of Buenos Aires…

More on that in my next post…

Now I have a need to hunt down a media luna and some cafe con leche…

sigh.

29 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Wow.
All white linen and pearls.

Ivy Lane said...

Linda!! THANKS for the images of all that GORGEOUS food!!! WOW! I love living this week out vicariously through your travels!

Keep 'em coming!

Vicki ~ FL said...

Another wonderful trip you have taken us on.....would love to travel like you do! Beautiful photos!

erin's art and gardens said...

spectacular! you are one lucky gal, indeed to travel to such colorful countries (green bedroom was kind of a shocker) and stay at such lovely hotels!! i love that key! and bath tub! and the food! and that glass ceiling! oh my! thanks so much for sharing with us poor souls here at home...really spectacular images!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

You sure know how to pic your lodging! I agree, SPECTACULAR.

Yansy said...

I'm so glad you had a spectacular time. I love Buenos Aires!

Yansy said...

I'm so glad you had a spectacular time. I love Buenos Aires!

Black Zebra said...

Tried my BEST best to lick the steak off my Mac (to no avail ofcourse!).......SIGH....Dude what I'd give.....

anita said...

this was an amazing little charm of a visit linda! the only thing that looked better than your hotel were THOSE STEAKS..good gracious girl!

for the love of a house said...

lordy, lordy... you're not kidding about the gorgeous food! I think I gained four pounds just looking at the photos! Now, there's just not much better than tenderloin covered in a Gruyere sauce!! Yum.

Cobalt Violet said...

Now I am REALLY hungry! Wow, how wonderful! Thank you for once again taking me on a colorful vicarious trip! Guess I will have to put Buenos Aires on my travel wish list!

Karen Deborah said...

Oh lawdy I want to go. The steak, the wine , the bath tub the view...yes yes yes you know how to live!!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness. The cobblestone streets, that hotel (wow!), the service, the glass ceiling (double wow!), the food (I just ate but I'm already hungry again)...

I don't think I could ever leave that place. Looks like heaven!

Lisa Porter said...

You know when I think about going somewhere..Buenos Aires isn't the first place I think of...but San Isidro here I come. Save me a spot in the solarium, I'm so in the mood to get away!
You didn't mention that you are a food editor. Your photos are fabuloso!
So glad I came over.
xo Lisa

Unknown said...

N--i--c--e!!!

Unknown said...

oh it's a dream get away! though I'm not there, I enjoyed seeing every bit of it.
Happy Twirls

blushing rose said...

Paradise .... Have a lovely week. TTFN ~Marydon

Simple Daisy said...

It is just so beautiful there! Thanks for sharing it:)

Deborah said...

Seriously. Your room was lime green?!?!? Perfect! Love love love all the photos... the food, the colors, The Wino. Yes...I am greatly enjoying my little cyber vaca with you. **kisskiss** Deb

Maria Killam said...

Wow that kelly green room was fab! You can tell which colour is on my brain these days!

Renae Moore said...

You are so right...a girl COULD get used to that...I would like to try. You are certainly enjoying the lap of luxury as well you should. The food looks divine...and those croissants (I usually say NO, but would have to bend), honestly...my mouth is watering!
It would be so much fun to bicycle around there...just beautiful.
Enjoy...thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

Wow WOW and Ditto ditto
love your travelogue
"Keep it comin' "

My Castle in Spain said...

oh la la..this is simply very near paradise!
i've been going through your late posts and love love your travel style, the hotels you picked...
oh..yes...you could so easily get used to it!!
thank you for all this magic!
:-)

Farmgirl Paints said...

OH MY!! Now that looks heavenly. So glad you are enjoying yourself.

SeaWorthy said...

These are my favorite posts EVER!!
--living "vicariously" thru you, girl...
Lisa
coastal nest

Tamara Jansen said...

This looks just GORGEOUS! My dream home has one of those "solariums" in the center of the main sitting area as well.....I mean, we do have access to greenhouses so it should be easy to construct :)

prashant said...

THANKS for the images of all that GORGEOUS food!!! WOW! I love living this week out vicariously through your travels!
Work From Home

Anonymous said...

Hey I just found your blog! and I love it!!!! really nice pictures,Im from Argentina, and I live just close from San Isidro.Glad you like it!

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]coconutsandlimes.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Research presents that about 80% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails