Monday, October 20, 2014

X marks the spot…

So, on a thrift haunt

I came across an old wooden Surveyors measuring stick.

Couldn’t leave it. you know how that goes.

IMG_7591

15 feet in length…with three slides of five feet each.

NOW what does one do with it?

Relegate it to the once boys room/office?

But there are already funky long sticks hanging in the hallway. Loitering, more like.

{Painted bamboo….you can do your own at a workshop here.}

So they are clearly not letting him join in their tropical fun.

Hate cliques

IMG_7586

So plop him over on the other side…looking sad and forlorn

IMG_7578

Above the shutters? In the kitchen?

Where o where will X mark his spot.

Shoot me your ideas…

A couple I found on pinterest…

su

surv

Help a once hard working Measuring stick out

would’ja? Could’ja?

5 comments:

cindy hattersley design said...

Hmmmm...I love that!!! I do like the floor lamp idea...hey you could do a gallery wall and incorporate it into that....I know you are chuckling...

jmac said...

I would use it as a frame shelf. Hang it horizontally on wall and then hang pictures right above it to look as though they are sitting on it like a shelf.
Would even help you place your frames with exact measurements...heheh!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Yes...You have gallery wall on the brain. Cindy. But actually a striking idea....how about incorporate them into wall shelves. In the right place. Hmmm.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

HA!! JINX JMAC....same exact wavelength. Does that scare you a tad?!

anita said...

hi linda..I was also going to suggest wall ledge?


like this
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KmZIcVu8z2I/TeT24RAWtuI/AAAAAAAABpo/3kSzThifDQk/s640/5.jpg

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails