Thursday, July 19, 2012

I think I am like a crazy cat lady….

Only it isn’t cats I collect

But paintings

They keep finding me. I keep adopting them.

This one however, comes with a history. well a story anyway.

It was just sitting there minding it’s business behind a stack of prints and faded fake water colors

at a local thrift shop

IMG_3243

The big blue guy…with the splash. Not it’s real home…just found a useful nail.

Big. Blue oil…Kinda nice gold wood frame. 20 bucks…

Hmmm….I think….Don’t need it.

Turn it over… and find this taped with aging scotch tape to the back

IMG_3245

A memo from a Mr Weisse of Park avenue NYC

IMG_3244-001

 

Inquiring about the artisttyped by his secretary m

He DID get an answer to his inquiry…alright

IMG_3244

BAM.

IMG_3247

Betty says it is an amateur….with an exclamation point.

Poor Blue.

C’mon home with me…we’ll take care of ya.

Island of the misfit art….

 

IMG_3250

…though someone looks peeved…

IMG_3249

She came from the same thrift store…5 whole bucks.

She has a bit of a ‘tude.

fits right in.

19 comments:

Kelly@BungalowBlue said...

I love it! Love the colors, love where you (temporarily) hung it and love the story! Great find!

An Urban Cottage said...

Poor Betty got dissed.

You'll be able to open a gallery one day!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ha! The gallery of misfit and wayward paintings.


It is a problem.


Is there a program for this?

Seriously.

VirginiaC said...

Oh Linda, I love that painting....amateur or not.
Me and my warped mind immediately thought of someone peeing in a pool, but I LOOOOVE it.

Unknown said...

oh I love this! Amateur!...well you can get the best deals from those amateurs you know!

I love this too...you just keep layering your collection, I do this too as I just have no more wall space!
x..x

Ivy Lane said...

Love it.. as I am from Cleveland! woo hoo! awesome find!!! it looks good right where it is!!!

katiedid said...

Haha....I thought the same thing as Virginia....maybe that is why Betty has averted her eyes. Love them both and I have the same collection obsession. My husband calls it hoarding, but what does he know? If I didn't bring these wayward paintings home, who knows what trouble they would get into, and our house would be sorely lacking in soul.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Seriously??~

Peeing in water?!

Dayum...I will never look at it the same again.

::14 year old giggle::

Unknown said...

Haha, you should open up a shelter for the unloved artwork of the world.
ps. love the 'lady with tude' painting.

Sar x

Deborah said...

I love your gallery of misfits! Me thinks you have Good Taste. Much better than horizontal cat storage!
**blows kisses** Deb

mikky said...

Don`t look like no amateur to me! That is one great painting. I like to think of what could have made that big ol splash...
The girl def does have some attitude.
:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

SHERRY HART said...

Hoarding.....collecting....doesn't matter...we want what we want.....we like what we like. It just can't be explained. Huge art score.

alison giese Interiors said...

Love Big Blue - and the history!

Carla Aston said...

So funny. I like paintings with 'tude. And I love all of yours!

pam {simple details} said...

Totally cool, love it even more that Betty gave it an 'amatuer!' Hope you show us where it's going!

Ben said...

I can totally understand why you bought it! If it's got that message taped to the back, it's got a great story, I love it! Hope you continue to find enough wallspace for everything, though...

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

yeah...that little thing called wall space. ahem.

Melissa said...

Ha ha! Love the exclamation point. You find the coolest things!

Cobalt Violet said...

you crack me up!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails