Sunday, August 17, 2008

McKee gardens...

Come join me on a Sunday morning tour
(got your coffee?)
To a hidden gem in our little town of Vero Beach
It is on the registry of historic places
and is a great place to escape ...and just think...or breathe...

Acres and acres of paths through a tropical paradise...

A Spanish Kitchen, and buildings crafted of pieces

and parts of Palm Beach Mansions...
and wood, drifted onto our beaches from far away...

Ponds and small creeks filled with water lillies
of every color...

Hidden structures made completely of bamboo and palm fronds,

encrusted with wild orchids


and tropical fruit...

walking down the outdoor alleys, you feel like you could be on a different island.

But you are home.



Art seems at home amongst nature...

Nature is art.

McKee Botanical Gardens....

Peace.


10 comments:

sandra/tx said...

You always have the best photos!

Tara said...

Hi there! So nice of you to take a vsiit to my blog! What wonderful pics here! I'll be back!

:0)
Tara

Anonymous said...

OK that's it...we need to plan a trip to Florida!!

Beautiful post, Linda!

Anonymous said...

OK that's it...we need to plan a trip to Florida!!

Beautiful post, Linda!

Chris said...

At first I pictured myself dangling my feet from the little bridge, but then I got paranoid about an alligator eating me. So much for the relaxation. Maybe I'll just sit on it. Feet up. Drinking a margarita.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I feel a little dizzy from all that beauteousness

J said...

Thanks for the great tip - I've never heard of this place - I'll be planning a trip "up north" soon!

Unknown said...

oh...you live in a tropical paradise!

Amber Cargile said...

What a heavenly place, Linda! It actually kinda reminds me of YOUR yard...all lush and artsy and secluded...*sigh*

Topsy Turvy said...

Never been there, but it looks like I should put it on my list. Thanks for sharing.

-Lana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails