Sunday, August 24, 2008

Island love.....




There is an absolutely unforgettable island

lost in the jewel colored Atlantic, off the coast of Brazil

It is an amazing Archipelago, fringed with jungle...

Fernando de Noronha

You will not find large hotels, If you are priveledged

to visit...You live on and with the land...

as a matter of fact, to maintain the islands integrity and beauty,

only a certain amount of people are allowed to visit per day.

There are more spinner dolphins and sea turtles than people on Fernando de Noronha.

The result: its 16 immaculate beaches, set between craggy sea cliffs and the volcanic rock formations emerging from translucent waters, are virtually deserted.

Nearly everything and everyone on the seven-square-mile main island is geared toward preserving Noronha's abundant marine life and land species.

There are a couple of Pousadas (Inns) that were built

in peace with this eden of an island...

Pousada Maravilha (you must visit their site...oh!)

has only 8 bungalows, simple...but beautiful...Another sliver of paradise is the Pousada Teju Acu...






We had planned on visiting this elusive beauty of an island this past spring, when we were
in Brazil. It wasn't in the cards for us....that time.

...hope springs eternal

13 comments:

Lettered Cottage said...

Ahhhhhhhh...... :-)

Pilar said...

Iiincreeeedibleeeeeeeeee....I wish to be there, doing nothing.....just relax...............

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

It looks like Neverland.

Blogger said...

What a gorgeous place to be....

anneliese said...

girl, you know how to vacation!

Ms. Tee said...

This place looks amazing. And I just have to say that the header photo on your blog is just beautiful - I love seeing it when I come to visit. :)

Shana said...

beautiful place!

Linda Lou said...

I HAVE BEEN FANTASIZING ABOUT GOING TO TAHITI LATELY-I MIGHT HAVE TO PUT THIS PLACE ON MY BUCKET LIST!!

Anonymous said...

sigh....

Jen said...

looks so peaceful!

Muriel said...

Heaven ............

Anonymous said...

I want to go!!!!!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Hee...I love how the posts are relegated to simply one or two words. Just a sigh...I feel that way. Amazing, the beauty of such a place!

I teach class(childbirth) a couple of nights a week...and this night was a particularly powerful class. We laughed, we cried. It went much longer than usual . Leaving the practice in this sultry Florida dusk, I was surrounded by THE most beautiful... downright holy sunset...Pink and amber and red with billowy clouds. It stopped me in my tracks.

I just sighed...that one simple sound that even envelopes the toes.
There were no words.

Oh.I love that.

Beauty is everywhere...

Thanks for ALL of your posts!! You just make my day! Sigh.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails